Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My DayBook For May 12th. 2010

Photo thought for the day...

Sorry for the poor quality photo! It was thru the screen of the window and one of the kids took it! Our morning visitors to the bird feeder...mamma turkey who has young ones near the creek by the driveway and a squirrel!

Outside my window... It's a rainy day here today. I love the rain, but honestly this is getting to be a bit much now! Where is the sunshine and warmth? Well at least I didn't have to use my ice scraper this morning on the van to take the kids to the bus like the past few days!

I am thinking... that I'm so grateful that Joe's EEG test results came back and all was normal. Now just waiting on the bloodwork to come back.


I am hoping... that we can get this garden planted soon! The way the weather has been, we haven't been able to get it in. It's getting late!


I am thankful for... cleaning my house yesterday and Monday and now have the rest of the week to focus on other things!


From the kitchen... this morning I made some kale cubes for using in smoothies and soups!


I am wearing... hoodie and yoga pants.


I am creating... sourdough bread tomorrow!


I am going... on a much needed day out with a wonderful friend on Friday. Cannot wait!


I am reading... about cheesemaking, my next experiement!


I am hearing... the baby birds in the nest under out porch roof! They sound so absolutely sweet!


Around the house...IT"S CLEAN, isn't that enough!


One of my favorite things... listening to the sound of the rain.


A few plans for the rest of the week... I am "planning" on TRYING to start going to bed earlier. I know I need more sleep, but when I get that quiet time at night I all of a sudden get this second wind! But I definitely pay for it in the morning!

Special thanks to Peggy at The Simple Womans Daybook for hosting!








2 comments:

  1. OK, What are kale cubes? I have to get back to making shakes. I have been trying so hard to cut down on our shopping bill that I am not eating as healthy. It really sucks when you can't afford to feed yourself healthy foods! ugh...

    So GLAD to hear Joe's results have been good so far. When does the blood work come back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, we are so glad too! Bloodwork should be back in a few days.

    Kale cubes are just steamed kale that I pureed in the food processor and froze in ice trays. It makes using the kale in green shakes so much easier. I had one this morning with yogurt, banana, blueberries, rasberries, blackberries, 2 kale cubes, and a tiny bit of honey. I froze my berries to give the shake the thick texture, more like a shake. It was delicious and has no taste of kale at all. I'm sure it would have been fine without the honey but my yogurt was SO tangy this last time so I wanted to sweeten it a tad.

    ReplyDelete