Monday, May 17, 2010

Salmon Patties


I am so glad I decided to make my salmon fillets into these delicious patties tonight! They were so easy and SO tasty! The hubby loves crab cakes, so I've been wanting to make a salmon version.

Salmon is so good for you. Full of Omega-3's and much more! Here is a brief summary of the health benefits of this awesome fish.

My recipe made 10 nice size patties. We only ate 5 so we have plenty left for topping salads! I even have a recipe for Salmon & Corn Chowder that they would be delightful in! Maybe if I have all of the ingredients, I will whip some of that up tomorrow! Ummm, I can smell it now!

4 nice size salmon fillets (approx. 1lb.)
2 eggs
bread crumbs (enough to make your mixture stick together, I used about 1 cup)
pinch of sea salt
1/2 tsp. parsley

Flake salmon with a fork in your mixing bowl, add the remaining ingredients, mix thoroughly.
Drizzle olive oil in your frying pan and turn to medium heat. Once oil is ready, start forming your patties and dropping them into your pan. Fry about 5 minutes on each side until nicely browned. Remove from pan onto a paper towel lined plate to drain off excess oil. Then enjoy!

*Sorry for the terrible photo quality here! I snapped my picture right when I got them out of the pan and had to hurry to get the rest out before they burned!

No comments:

Post a Comment